Angels Whispers- Spirit and Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Mediumship

2 posters

Go down

What is Mediumship Empty What is Mediumship

Post  Angelswhispers Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am

What is Mediumship?

When people think of Spiritualism, they often associate this with Mediumship. The reason for this would probably be because it is the Mediums, who tend to give the required proof that our loved ones have not, left us that they are still around and want to make contact. A Medium is a person who has developed their Spiritual knowledge and uses this to form a link between this world and the spirit world. It must however be remembered that everybody alive has Mediumistic capabilities of some kind; it is just that not everybody knows how to interpret it.
There are two types of Mediums, Physical and Mental. I am going to cover both subjects but will begin with Mental Mediumship. This is because Mental Mediumship is the most commonly used today.

Mental Mediumship can be separated into three forms, Clairvoyance, Clairaudience and Clairsentience. Each has a different way of receiving information from the Spirit Communicator.
Clairvoyance: The actual interpretation of the word Clairvoyance is 'Clear Seeing'. A medium who is Clairvoyant will 'see' the Spirit Communicator and give evidence to this by giving the sitter a detailed description of the Spirit they can see. Clairvoyants usually 'see' the Spirit Communicator through their 'third eye (brow chakra)'. The vision they receive can be in the form of a photograph or a moving picture (rather like watching television). However, some Clairvoyants can see the Spirit Communicator with their physical eyes as another person in the room.

Clairaudience: The actual interpretation of the word Clairaudience is 'Clear Hearing'. A medium who is Clairaudient will 'hear' the Spirit Communicator. Some Clairaudient mediums will 'hear' the actual voice of the Spirit Communicator, some will 'hear' what the Spirit Communicator is saying but it will sound like their own voice. Most Clairaudient Mediums 'hear' the voices inside their heads, but some experience it as though someone was standing beside them and talking into their ears.

Clairsentience: The actual interpretation of the word Clairsentience is 'Clear Sensing' or 'Clear Feeling'. This is the most common mediumistic style used today. A medium who is Clairsentient will 'sense' the Spirit Communicator near them. A Clairsentient Medium will sense the Spirit Communicators sex, build, age, height, physical appearance, illnesses, mannerism, character, way of passing and any message of words the Spirit Communicator wishes to give the recipient (sitter).

Physical Mediumship is a lot less common today as it once was. Physical Mediums allow the Spirit Communicator to channel through them. A Physical Medium always ensures that they work in a safe environment, often having another medium with them to 'oversee' the proceedings. There are a number of different ways that a Physical Medium can work:
Transfiguration: the face of the Spirit superimposes itself over that of the medium.

Materialisation: where all those present can see the spirit.
Trance: allowing the spirit to control the mediums body for communication.
Apports: An Apport is a physical object bought through by spirit to the group of people sitting for communication.
Ectoplasm: Spirit energy appearing in the form of a wispy white vapour, fog or mist emanate from the body of the medium during trance.
Direct Voice: This sounds very strange, but objects called trumpets are used for this type of communication, they are conical shaped objects with holes at both ends.

Whichever way the medium chooses to work it must always be remembered that the medium is in complete control. Spirits do not 'take over' the medium, they work with the medium.

Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

http://www.angelswhispers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What is Mediumship Empty COMMUNICATION THROUGH SONG

Post  carol swallow Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:55 am

A while back, I was sitting here looking at the Computer wondering what I could write about next.

It suddenly came to me, the Lofthouse Mining disaster, 23 rd March 1973.
I looked up all the relavent information. Went to the Mining museum, I needed to know the Mens names who had passed. I wrote the Folk song, I put it to Music.

A few weeks after I was at Ossett Spiritualist Church, as I sat there, the Medium said he had a Colin with me, who passed in a blast, he wanted me to rescue him, I said that the Colin who had passed was a miner, the Medium asked Colin to wait with me until the end of the service. At the end, the Medium asked Colin to come forward, which he did, he also asked for the other 6 to come forward, each one of these men then moved towards the light, Colin waited until the end, he said thankyou and then moved on, he regulary visits me at services. For 37 years these men were trapped underground. It took a thought and a Song to bring them out of their darkness, and send them towards the light.

How does anyone really know thought interpretation, are these thoughts placed within our own minds by a being or energy far far removed from anything that we as humans know.
I don't think that we will ever know the answer to these questions.

Another time I was sitting with a Pen, again wondering.
A Native American Lady came through, she told me of her time within the Trail of Tears, the horrors and human suffering that she had encoutered and where she ended up, the few only left from the hundreds that has set off. Again I have put this to Song.

Hope this is of interest to anyone out there, started of as a small not but it has grown.

Love and light KAZ
carol swallow
carol swallow
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

What is Mediumship Empty Re: What is Mediumship

Post  Angelswhispers Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 am

Hi Kaz
I find it an honour to be the channel to help energies go to the light. many people are not aware that often spirit can get trapped within a building, surrounding etc, due to the way of passing or the closeness or attachment they have had to the place. I remember when one night I was layed in bed and a little girl sat herself ontop of my bed. She was drenched with water and was looking for her mum. I didnt know who this girl was or who her mum was. I explained If i would find her mum I would let her know she had been. My bed felt soaked with water, I myself felt cold with the water on me. I explained to the girl that I would help her to the light, which I did bt bringing in the angels of love and and said a prayer for her and her mum.She went to the light and the feeling in my bedroom felt warm and gentle adn a feeling of relieve came all around me. I checked my bed to see if it was wet, but it wasnt. Two minutes later I felt more children come around me and my bedroom started to feel somewhat light as in the light had been switched on. The energies started to get very over powering and I explained that I would not be able to take them to the light one by one, as it would take all night. ( How selfish of me I knwo), with that my bed started to vibrate and a jolt on my bed. My matress had been moved by about 5 inches and it shook me a littl. I apologised for being selfish and explained I would pray for them all. I sat in silence and asked the angels again to come forward as there were a lot of energies I also asked for the Jesus and Mother Mary energies to join us and take their hands. I visualised them being led into the light and and send all my love with thyem. Afterwards I felt a lot better. Realisisng that we do not have to do it one by one , but I can ask fro them to go together one by one. I think Spirit see a pure light willing to help with the right intensions and they get drawn to the light9 Us lightworkers) they will than enter our state of thought and ask for help. This help is given of free will and we are always guided how to do it the right way. Just like me I needed a little shuff to show me I can do it and now am so greatfull that I am of help to spirit.
Oh dear me rambling again. Probably gone of topic somewhat sorry.
Love and light to you
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is Mediumship Empty WHAT IS MEDIUMSHIP

Post  carol swallow Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:34 am

Angelwhispers.

Thankyou so much, bless you.
You are so right.
I do feel truly blessed to have had the priveledge to have been chosen.
I hope one day someone else will communicate with me and ask to be sent over to the light.

Bless you. KAZ
carol swallow
carol swallow
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelswhispers Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:53 am

Kaz lovely Lady
I am sure this will in the near future happen more often, being willing to help will attract the energies to your light. If this is what you feel you would like to work with spirit will see your light and take your kind offering.
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down