Angels Whispers- Spirit and Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarot and Guidance cards

+2
Susie
Angelswhispers
6 posters

Go down

Tarot and Guidance cards Empty Tarot and Guidance cards

Post  Angelswhispers Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Anyone experienced with Tarot or Guidance cards please share your knowledge and ways how to learn
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

http://www.angelswhispers.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tarot and Guidance cards Empty Re: Tarot and Guidance cards

Post  Susie Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am

Hi - I have tried using Tarot for over 25 years and still I dont get it Very Happy So I relinquished any attempt to try any more - it's clearly not for me which is cool.

I do use and love using Guidance or Oracle cards and have a wonderful collection.

Spreads as such are not for me, well nothing past 3 cards!!

When someone comes for a reading, I often have 2 or 3 sets nearby and if they wish, they can choose a set and take out a couple of cards. I look at the first card and the reading starts to flow - however many cards are taken, or however long a reading takes, the great thing is - the reading always finishes on the chosen first card.. it just goes full circle.

I love the synchronisity of this - it makes me chuckle all the time

I use Angel Cards, Spirit Animal Cards, Flower Cards, Chakra/Yoga Cards... oooh endless list haha
Susie
Susie
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelswhispers Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:43 am

Susie I often wonder if mediums find it harder to read the Tarot compare to guidance / oracle cards, as we are using more of intuition, where as Tarot is more read by what I call the "BOOK". I have tried endless time over past 30 years or so,( I think from age of 12 I was first drawn to read playing cards) to learn the Tarot but never get hang of it, I do on the other hand read the Lenormand cards they are french cartomacy cards, but not like Tarot,because they have such beautiful pictures I can use them with intuition.
And than again maybe I am too lazy to learn the Tarot hahha
Anyway I would love to hear how Tarot readers on this forum have learned and maybe they have a trick or two up their sleeve to give us some pointers on how to learn in a fun way xx
Loveand light
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clair Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:17 am

I am a clairvoyant medium and read tarot. It does take some learning though and dedication to understand the intricacies but it is like second nature to me now. I find that the cards help me in many ways, they provide advice and suggestions and I use them for a lot of readings Smile

Love Angel cards too but now I find they limit my connections too much as they don't have the expanse or depth of tarot Smile
Clair
Clair
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelswhispers Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:56 am

Hi Clair
yes I do find that [people who have the gift to read Tarot can give pretty precise advice, I often envy this a little when I am in doubt of what spirit give me. I think once you have mastered to learn the Tarot you can become very quick in answering questions to give guidance. Now I feel like I am missing out again because I am too lazy to read and learn hahah
love and light
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dharma Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 pm

heylo!
I read Tarot proffessionaly for years, in my early twenties, began learning them in my teens, they worked as a wonderful training ground for me....i know many dont work with them this way, and working with the tarot well is the end result they seek, I wanted to work with them to highten my psychic ability, make it clear and strong........then one day, one reading.....i really remember the reading so well! i travelled for miles to go see a lady. and on that day the veil lifted. the reading started i took the cards out placed them on the table, didnt unfold the silk, i knew that, that was it, for whatever reason they were no longer needed. i gave the lady the name of her recently passed father, heard clearly how he died, two seconds before a sctratch came upon the living door, i heard "this is my dog coming now", i gave that quickly, and hey thier was a scratch on the door and it was his dog, such a special reading, i felt although i had been before, it was truly the start of my work with spirit, and it marked the end of my Tarot reading.... now...Im bit like Susie like to pull or have pulled just one card, works as a focus a point in which to begin. i do love working with cards.........Anyways love and hugs with peace and lightxxx
Dharma
Dharma
I mean business

Back to top Go down

Post  Clair Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:45 am

I think it is easy to become bored with tarot or any cards or to get past the stage when you dont need them to read. But then you arent reading tarot lol are you you are doing something else? Now its easy to say that its a ten of wands kinda day or a 6 of swords, lol, its just instinct for me,

Clair, having a two of cups kinda day Smile
Clair
Clair
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  whitespirit Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:52 am

i have tried tarot cards but i just dont get the connection like i do my daily guidance cards
i remember mum saying dont use those Dianne lol so maybe that why i have more of a connection angel cards i have a few good packs now ... law of attraction, Ask and its given, wow the list goes on ... you go in a shop and just get a connection with them buy me buy me
whitespirit
whitespirit
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post  Clair Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:06 am

I think a lot of people still see tarot as bad and evil, especially with cards like the devil and death? There are so many decks out there though and I am sure there must be the ideal deck for everyone lol.
Clair
Clair
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi

I have messed with tarot (half heartedly I guess) for many years, never really got it! Since commencing on my spiritual journey though my connection and yearning for learning the tarot has grown much stronger. Like women are famous for shoes and handbags - mine is tarot decks- LOVE 'EM hahah.

Anyhow, I don't proclaim to be a great reader, however the more readings I am doing, the better I am getting and certainly my confidence is growing. I have resided myself to the fact that I know the basics of the tarot - such as the suits etc relating to the elements and take it from there, I have tried to follow books and standardised meanings (forgive my spelling) and really struggled, however my philosophy on this is that, everyone is unique so surely it stands to reason that every card in each reading is unique for that person, have i explained that correctly (not very good with words lol). I try to use my intuition as much as possible with them. I love them, I have a new pack (from santa - cant wait to get them), and will sleep with them under my pillow for a few nights to deepen my connection with them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelswhispers Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Jfey
I have a massive collection of cards mainly guidance cards, but have few Tarot ones , I just cant connect with the proper way of rreading them I do on the other hand read Tarot but through intuition xxx so I feel I am not actually reading them properly xx
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clair Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:01 am

Jfey whats the new deck? I use tarot cards all the time, was taught by my mum years ago. Its not hard to learn but it does take time. Maria and I have been talking about doing a class or two here about things like this too.

Whats your favourite deck then everyone?
Clair
Clair
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:31 am

HI Claire
My new deck are the Mystic Faerie Tarot By Barbara Moore & Linda Ravenscroft , cant wait to start using them, I currently tend to use my Fe Tarot x x

Fey Tarot that should say x

Back to top Go down

Post  maz Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:25 pm

When I get a New Tarot Set I always place them under my Pillow when i sleep this is what My Great Aunt Taught me for 3 Nights, So they can receive your Vibes on them and carry them during the day, and you connect to them better, Maybe if anyone is unable to connect could try this, Ive just got an old old Italian set from Italy from a Fan of my Brothers they were given to her by a Monk when she was a Child and He told her she would know when the time is correct whom to pass them onto, she never used them but the Monk did, And she sent them to me, I used them for the first time the other night, been quite a while since I held Tarots and I found them amazing. There is something about these cards not certain what it is but to me they are special.
Maz xx
maz
maz
Fledgeling

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Voices_of_Vision/index.php and http:/

Back to top Go down

Post  Clair Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 am

Hey Maz, which deck are they? Sounds like they may have a history?
Clair
Clair
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  maz Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:45 am

They are Tarocco Piemontese Masenghini dir. Lombardini Bergamo, thats what it says, and theres a date stamped on the Aces.
Maz xx
maz
maz
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelswhispers Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 am

Maz
They sound intreaging maybe you could share a couple of pics??
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clair Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:46 am

How do you find them for readings? I love the old Italian decks but am more of a Visconti fan, but then I like reading with any of the older decks like TdM, as they are totally different interpretations and meanings compared with modern decks. Its amazing the way the world has changed and Tarot with it.
Clair
Clair
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  maz Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:46 am

will get my son to take some pics of them, the date shows they were made i heard before they were banned in italy? im not 100% thats what i was told is true, that tarots are banned there all i know to get italian tarots is very very hard and they are sought after, But i know that there is something special about these for me and the container they came in is not the normal box that you open, its in 2 halves you lift the top off.
maz xx
maz
maz
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelswhispers Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:02 am

wow Maz cant wait to see them now. I do all my readings with the french Lenormand Cartomacy cards. Have you heard or used them before?? There are also different vaiations , but I prefer the green owl pack they are quite old and very used ( by me)., but I can not part from them xx Wink
Angelswhispers
Angelswhispers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clair Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:37 am

the container they came in is not the normal box that you open, its in 2 halves you lift the top off.

Yep that's the same with most of the older european decks. Often the boxes are glued because there weren't any manufacturing plants and many were hand printed under cover. It should mean that the cards are in better condition too but fragile if the printing process wasn't stable.

The Lenormands are an intriguing decks, I love the way the characters are portrayed. Smile
Clair
Clair
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  maz Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 am

I have a Box of Tarot Cards, I did give a Few sets away, as I felt that after time the connection you have with them fades, and thats the time to get New, (When I say time I mean a Few Years) Thats how i ended up with so many plus some were gifts, One set was given to me when i was very ill in hospital a Gentleman came to the ward he offered readings to the patients on the ward, he told me he was an american indian and he did me a reading, i was so impressed by him, then he gave me his cards, the book he gave to me also was very tatty, ive never used them as they seem very delicate, that was the start of what some say is a tarot collection, that was in 1990 ive seen copies of the set he gave me they are packed away also. Ill take pics of some of the sets i have at hand and post them here for you, some i have never even opened, but the ones from italy i just adore.
maz xx
maz
maz
Fledgeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down